Borrow From Shared Interest Society
ARE YOU A FAIR TRADE BUSINESS LOOKING FOR FINANCE?
Shared Interest Society offers a range of export credit
facilities and loan finance products for fair trade producers and
buyers throughout the world.
WHO WE ARE:
Shared Interest was founded in 1990 in the north-east of
England. Since then we have expanded and we now have overseas
offices in Kenya, Ghana, Peru and Costa Rica.
We are a co-operative lending society with over 9,000 UK-based
members. Between them they have invested over 35m in Share Capital.
We hold this Share Capital in British Pounds (GBP) but lend out in
We strive to be an ethical and responsible lender. Our principal
aim is to provide financial support to and share risk with
producers, farmers and artisans in the developing world. We also
lend to buyers in Europe, North America and Australasia
working with producers in need of finance.
Shared Interest is a strong supporter of fair trade and has had
staff members on the Boards of both the World Fair Trade
Organisation (WFTO) and the Fairtrade Foundation, the UK's
licensing arm of the Fairtrade
HOW OUR LENDING WORKS:
- We lend to facilitate trade, build capacity and generate growth
- We lend for the production and procurement of both handcrafts
- We do not usually require any security
- We lend in most major hard currencies (US Dollars, British
Pounds and Euros)
- We recognise that individual organisations have differing
requirements so we consider each application on its merits
- We are independent so lending decisions can be made solely by
- We ensure that every customer has a dedicated account manager
who handles all transactions and queries.
To learn more about our lending products for fair trade producers and
how to apply, please select whether you are a producer or buyer on
the left hand navigation above.